Tuesday, September 12, 2006

When I said I moved to the U.S. for the shopping...

...I was only half kidding. I definitely wasn't kidding when I said this move has caused me to hemmorhage money, but let's not quibble over such minor matters. This shopping is Important. It's work-related. And the $50 per day I'm spending at Duane Reade is apartment-related. And the odd dinner delivery, manicure, pedicure and massage are just the little indulgences I need to get through each week in a strange, frightening city. Hee!

But I digress - the shopping! I went to Century 21 today first - breaking my own rule that I'll only go there obscenely early in the morning to avoid the crowds. I always intend to do that, but it never works, and then when I actually get there it's an absolute zoo. I got a cute soft leather wallet, interesting Calvin Klein tights and Nine West black pumps for around $70 altogether. On the way home I stopped in at Aldo for a bit of "home", where I purchased tan heels, and Banana Republic where I got some new black pants. And the absolute best part?? Vanity sizing! Holy shit, people...the Americans have turned it into a total debacle. I bought a size 0 and it is roomy. Hysterical.

Lest you fear I've become all stomach and frivolity, however, I am spending the day at the Met on Thursday. Balance is key ;).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've conquered the hot spots to eat and now the best places to shop. Yet, have not not seen one celebrity. Go find me Trump!!!

Yaseen Ali said...

You have a blog, and you didn't let me know until now? For shame!

Am very jealous that you are living out Sex and the City/The Devil Wears Prada-like fantasy, and will be knocking down your door in a couple of months (once I have saved enough money, which will probably never happen.)

No Brad Pitt sightings here, because I was kicked out of Babel screenings due to my bad luck in the lottery draw (long story.)

Celebrity sightings that HAVE happened: Cillian Murphy, Rachel Weisz, Darren Aronofsky, Guillermo del Toro, Ellen Burstyn, Nandita Das and Jafar Panahi. More will come, as it's only Day Six.

Miss you! And you better update the blog, I will be harrassing you regularly.