Thursday, September 07, 2006

Surreal sounds about right.

My first week here is coming to a close and I'm still being alternatively pleasantly surprised and alarmed at my new life every day. Most of my waking hours are spent unpacking boxes now and realizing that this apartment will maybe fit 70% of our stuff. Something's going to have to go and my first vote is for Josh's ancient baseball card collection and this god-awful stereo from the late 70's that is quite frankly a fire hazard.

What is completely delightful right now, though, is my apartment building. I knew it was a "full service" building but this is crazy. I called the front desk to ask where I can take my empty boxes and paper out and they sent someone up to collect it - yesterday and today. That's how things are done around here. Also, when you call with a work order there's someone there within fifteen minutes. I know because I've already called about a suspected gas leak (which was confirmed) and a non-functioning fridge (which was not plugged in...yes, I am That Girl). There's a doorman who stands outside specifically to get us cabs. All in all, it's approaching a fair trade off for my $3000 a month and the paltry amount of cupboard space I've been given.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If feels like yesterday that I was making fun of you for having a blog. But, after reading all your entries I'm kinda impressed at all the stuff we've been through. Yes you are a little bit of a lame blogger but you work really hard and I'm proud of all you've done. Plus you're really hot. So keep posting about your and our adventures and by the way, you never flame me.
Josh

PeachBellini said...

Heya, NY sounds exciting!
(Mamlambo here, but I have a different ID on blogger)

Anonymous said...

Hello, a lurker from WB here... I have to say, I will miss you terribly. I hate to sound like a fangirl, but you're my one and only favourite poster at WB. I always want to applaud after your posts. You are excellent, I wish I had your fortitude and way with words! All the best in NYC, I can't wait to read more from you.

Love,
R